Friday, September 18, 2009

Nine stages of humans.

Not old enough to know better,
Old enough to know better,
Not old enough to know,
Old enough to know,
Not old enough,
Old enough,
Not old
Old
Not.

My younger days

When I was in my younger days, I weighed a few pounds less,
I needn't hold my tummy in, to wear a belted dress.
But now that I am older, I've set my body free:
There's comfort of elastic, where once my waist would be.
Inventor of those high-heeled shoes, my feet have not forgiven,
I have to wear a nine now, but used to wear a seven.
And how about those pantyhose, they're sized by weight, you see,
so how come when I put them on, the crotch is at my knees?
I need to wear these glasses, as the prints were getting smaller:
and it wasn't very long ago, I know that I was taller.
Though my hair has turned to silver and my skin no longer fits,
on the inside I'm the same old me, just the outside's changed a bit.



2 comments:

Sage said...

Perfect....lol

Hogdayafternoon said...

Spoke to my 79 yr old sister yesterday (22 yrs my senior). She told me she'd joined something called the U3A (University of the 3rd Age). Told me it was originally for over 50's but recons anyone can join. Then she said, "Of course I don't want to be amongst the old folks, thats not for me". Love her.