Friday, May 22, 2009

As you probably know I have been looking after geoff since he came out of hospital and I haven't had much time to either blog or read them as well.
However, I managed to read one of favourite blogs the other night and I must admit I found it fascinating.
The blog I'm referring to is David Farleys.
He did a blog about a man called Chris Cole who is the founder of Cross Rhythms of Plymouth community radio stations. and he recently wrote an article in a newspaper about the
"Anti American feeling"
His first words were:
"An American is English or French or Italian Irish, German, Spanish,Polish, or Greek."

When I read what he had to say about this I kept wondering what this reminds me of and I must admit it took me a while to realise that it was the lyrics of that great song by Donovan.
"Universal Soldier"
"He's a Catholic, a Hindu, an Atheist, a Jain,
A Buddhist and a Baptist and a Jew."

Now, I know he was not referring to anybody who may have been in a war, past or present, but his words just echoed the words to this song.
Anybody is American and anybody can be English or French or Italian or German, Spanish, Polish or Greek.

Please read Davids blog (April 16th) and see if you agree, do you think it reminds you of Donovans Universal Soldier?

Below is the words to Donovan song 'Universal Soldier' so you can see the similarity of Chris Coles words and the song.

I cannot get this out of my mind and been singing this song ever since!

No comments: