Sunday, December 02, 2007

There was a knock on our front door and as I walked towards it I could see a silhouette of a man dressed very smartly in a dark suit.
Wondering who this could be I carefully opened the door.

"Hello," He said. "what do you think of Gillian Gibbons?"

"Er, pardon?" I said.

"I just wondered what you thought of the school teacher Gillian Gibbons? Do you think she was right?" He asked.

"May I ask who you are?" I asked.

"I'm Malcolm, I am a Jehovah witness." He replied with a big beaming smile.

"Oh, I see." I said

"Do you go to church?" He asked.

I smiled at him (which probably put him off anyway) and said.

"I'm sorry, I am not into discussing my personal details with a stranger and not on the doorstep." I said

"Oh, well what do think about whats going on in this world, will it ever get better?" He asked.

Quietly sighing and taking a deep breathe I repeated what I had just said to him.

"well, we are waiting for god." He replied.

"Really?" I asked. "Well, he's been here for about two and a half thousand years, just how long are you going to wait?"

I was surprised that he looked surprised.

He put his hands together as if going to say a prayer, he then turned and walking down the path he wished me a good day.

Something I said?

8 comments:

deb said...

Annette, you have just put the biggest grin on my face!

Little Wing said...

Annette, I loved your answer to the man at your door!

Whichendbites said...

You seemed very patient and very polite. Too polite, you must hold a dark secret.

Anonymous said...

Some of my family are witnesses & I have to say, the way he just started talking without introducing himself was very rude indeed! & those family members agree. They're not all as bad Annette! Lol


Hos is Snowdrop doing? I have to say, she sounds rather cute. We're thinking of getting a kitten so will wait & see. :o)

Mrs Bee said...

That was one clever answer missus...Loved it!!!
How's Laura doing?

Annette said...

GND, snowdrop is fine thanks, although she is dying to go out.But we can't let her just yet.
It has taken a while for her to settle, all she did the first 3 days was hide!! She has taken to us now and she is all over geoff, sitting on his lap all night, and he loves it.

Thanks

dickiebo said...

First we have naked men, and now, smart young men at the door! You are certainly enjoying yourself, Annette!

Alice said...

I usually tell them I'm not superstitious. They don't know what to say to that one. And why to they always come round on Christmas day when I'm on gin sling number two and three sheets to the wind? Are they mad?

Er.... yes.