Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I promised a couple of weeks ago I would do a blog about my grandfather.Yes, I will very soon, probably friday now.

But as I explained I needed some photos of him and especially of his silver spoons that he won for shooting. My mum has all these, and as I explained she lives in Oxford so we will have to wait until we visit them to get these photos.

Well, last sunday off we went to Oxford and visited my mum and stepfather, Bruce, I had already explained what I was going to do and my mum had the spoons ready for me to take the photos. Then out came the old photos.

Well, you know what it's like.

Seeing yourself as a little girl/boy and the clothes you were wearing.

You loved them then, but now?

So, just to prove it to you, here's a photo of me and my friends. This photo was in Jane's garden, she was our next door neighbour and my best friend. Look at all the washing hanging out.

Far left is the little girl who lived two doors away, but I cannot remember her name now.

Next to her is Jane.

Then there is Angela, Jane's sister, she's the one on the swing.

Third on the right is Susan, Jane's other sister.

Then..........ME!



Just look at my face!

My clothes!

My trousers!

That was the height of fashion then y'know.

No hipsters in those days.



But just look at my face!

My god, I would frighten anyone with that smile.



Oh, I do hope you laugh as much as we did.

It was hilarious

P.S. please click on the photo to make it even larger, then you will really see the face I'm pulling, although I am think I'm trying to smile really!

1 comment:

Tim Atkinson said...

Nice line of washing in the background, though!